Note: Online courses will only run with sufficient enrollments.
This course offers an overview of the most important digital marketing theories and promotion techniques as applied to wine, with a special focus on wines from Central Italy. Students will analyze the wine markets of the world, consumer segments, companies’ communication strategies and will participate in a practical exercise designed to give them the opportunity to shape an online marketing plan for a winery. In addition, students will learn the importance of describing the sensory experience of wine and acquire the particular vocabulary necessary to describe wines from the Central Italian regions of Tuscany, Umbria, Latium, Marche, and Abruzzo to potential customers.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the basic role, processes, and purpose of digital brand management in the wine business;
- Compare and differentiate the concepts of social media marketing, email marketing, branded content, online reputation;
- Explain the basics of wine promotion strategies;
- Identify and classify wines from Central Italy;
- Develop skills needed to taste wines and to understand the role of describing the sensory experience on market positioning using a particular vocabulary.
Course descriptions may be subject to occasional minor modifications at the discretion of the instructor.